Saturday, November 12, 2011

This Is Happening - A Lasting Impression

When it comes to putting stuff out there in the world, I always feel very self-conscious. This happens, when I write here and when I try to create something out of leather - or fabrics But somehow I'm getting more and more acquainted with the feeling, so I took what to me felt like a massive step and I had a maker's stamp made or actually two. This I something I never really thought about doing, but now that I have had it made, I can't believe everyone doesn't have one. It just feels good putting your name on stuff. I don't know why. I decided to have one made for my leather work, as I feel, that I'm quite proud of what I make - most of the time - and I want people to know, that I don't mind putting my name on it, as some sort of guarantee.

With a little help from the very helpful, patient and kind Brenda at Laser Gift Creations I had two stamps made to my specifications. I wanted something very minimal and small, so it doesn't draw too much attention away from the actual product. I'm not really fond of logos myself, so why should I make one myself. And I also wanted the Futura font, as it is my favourite. I had two made because I wanted one for really small objects and one for medium-large sized objects. But please keep in mind, that both stamps are very small, which you of course can't tell from the picture.

I hope you like it.







4 comments:

  1. Very neat.
    Perhaps you could place a match beside the object next time to give a sense of the scale.
    How does the stamp process work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was going to place something, that could indicate the size, close to it, but I was in a hurry because the day doesn't have enough hours at the moment.

    The stamping process is quite easy. You get the leather wet and then you strike the stamp with a mallet. And that leaves an indentation, which is lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I'm very pleased myself and I can't wait to have some time on my hands, so I can make some new stuff.

    ReplyDelete