Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome

Hi, how are you?

Welcome to After the Denim* - an ambitious blog about all the good things in life. Before you say it, yes - I'm late to the party, I know. Most of you guys (and girls) are probably sick and tired of blogs - so am I in many ways. Yet I feel the urge to document what I do, what I read, what I watch, what I make and what I like. Hopefully someone out there, will get something out of this and find some meaning in it. What you ask? I'm not quite sure.

But tell me this, have you ever wondered where do I find a really cool pocket knife? Or where do I find a radio that combines really great looks with a equally great sound? Well, I have. Many a time. And these are some of the things the blog will be about; finding the good things, discovering good things, showing you good things and about you showing the good things in your life or in your country. I want to learn and to know more, so feel free to educate me, as I'm not trying to educate you.

This is also why, I'll be doing this in English, albeit it isn't myfirst language. Ideally, I want to make new friends from all around the world and I don't expect you to learn Danish, which is why I chose to do this in English. So please ask a question, leave a comment, send a message or a letter, if that's what you're into. I'll do my outmost to answer you in due time.

I'll try to update the blog every single day and maybe even more than once a day on some days, but bear with me if I fail to do so. Don't get this wrong, I have great plans for this piece of the interweb and I have some great things in store for you. Hopefully I have some friends who are willing to chip in once in a while.

So let's see where this goes.

Best regards Simon Tuntelder - founder of After the Denim - and friends.

*The intellectual reader may have noticed that the title is borrowed from a short story by Raymond Carver, who, in my opinion, is one of the best writers in recent times. I hope that this is fine by the Carver relatives, though I haven't sought any written permission. This is partly an homage to him, as I'm also dealing with my obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment