Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Socks and Some Friendly Fire

Today I had the day off. I went for a walk, although it seems fall is here already with lots and lots of rain. First I hit some of the nearest thrift stores had some luck and got a good metal box for my workshop. Later on I passed by a friend's shop, Shoe Chapter because I had seen some very interesting parcels from Universal Works arriving at the shop the other day.

First off, I would like to say that I'm in no way affiliated with Shoe Chapter. Yet - at least. And I always pay for all the stuff I buy there. I just like the owner, Mark and I would like to support his venture. The reason why I want to support that venture, is quite simple. I want to support it because it is a visionary shop which will hopefully go from strength to strength within the next couple of seasons. At the moment there might be a bit too many sneakers for my taste, but the stock keeps getting better with the addition of WM. J. Mills bags and Fracap this season. Last season he got Viberg, Sanders, Field Notes, Tretorn, Birkenstock and Huberds.

I have been going sockless for the last 3 or 4 months and I feel uncomfortably warm when I wear socks now, but there is no question about where the weather is heading, so I felt it was time to buy some new socks. I bought three new pairs of Universal Work socks because I couldn't decide which colourway to go for. They are made of a cotton blend and most importantly they are made in England. They aren't up to Corgi standards, but they are quite good, and affordable.
Mark told me that they will be online within a couple of days, in case you wanted some new socks desperately and couldn't find them on the webshop.


If you are also shopping for fall shoes, and have cash to spare, I suggest you also cast a glance at the Viberg Oxfords that Shoe Chapter has for sale. If I had the money I would buy them in an instant, but the price of 3.800 kr is a hindering I can't surpass. The quality and construction of Viberg is second to none. I mean, the leather, the impeccable sewing, the smell, the touch, the feel, the heft - all ad to the fact that this is an investment. Most likely a lifetime investment.


If you are buying them, please don't buy the 10.5's. I have been eyeing them for a long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment