Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Worth a Listen: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young



This constellation of individuals is just superb. It is truly worthy of the term super group. I don't know, what else I can say about them. Or rather, what else I can say about them, that hasn't already been said before, so I'm just going to recommend, that you buy the record "Dèjá Vu". It is indeed a master piece, that has proven its worth in musical history.
To me this record represents so much nostalgia, as I remember it being played a lot on our stereo, when I was a kid. My dad talked about how he had a huge poster with them on his wall, when he was young and I imagined it being the coolest thing ever. Oh, how I wanted that poster, but alas it was long gone. Just like many other artifacts - probably created in my imagination - from his youth like this corduroy jackets, that Oma made for him.
Pops listened to Neil Young the most, and mom listened to Cohen, but I always liked Neil's high pitch the most.



I'm sure a lot of you guys already own at least one pair of Red Wings, but if you are on the fence about buying a pair, please take a look at this picture of Neil Young wearing what appears to be a pair of Irish Setters, which is known as the 877 nowadays, and a pair of slim, cropped jeans. Perfect combination.


No comments:

Post a Comment