Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Helvetica - The Documentary

I'm really into typefaces and typography, although I'm not that knowledgeable about it, as I would like to be. However I'm sure that it'll be one of the things that I take some time to get to know even further, once I start to let go of some of my other obsessions. My favourite typeface is Futura without a doubt and I recognise it wherever I come across it. It's that familiar feeling of seeing something beautiful.




A long time ago I watched this documentary by the renowned filmmaker and producer Gary Hustwit about the Helvetica typeface. Now a documentary on a subject like one single typeface may sound a bit weird, but  Helvetica is used everywhere and you certainly realize that it is indeed used everywhere - if you watch that documentary. Other than that you experience some great graphic design and some really crazy typographers, so if that sounds like a thing you could be into, then I suggest you find that documentary and watch it. It's full of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment