Thursday, June 21, 2012

Want - North Sea Clothing "The Expedition"

Though it's supposed to be summer and I should probably be looking for shorts and, God forbid, t-shirts, I can't help thinking about buying something, that I feel, I should have bought a long time ago; The Expedition sweater from North Sea Clothing.

It's made in England (by a family owned company in Nottinghamshire) and it's roughly based on a sweaters, that was issued by the royal navy during the First and Second World War. Something some people might not like is the high content of natural lanolin in the wool, which makes it rather water repellent, but it also has a very special smell, which some people can't stand and some people enjoy. I belong in the later category. From good people, whose opinion I trust, I've heard, that the quality is impeccable and that it's a sweater, that will last you a very long time.



Honestly, that brass anchor button and the shawl collar are just crazy nice details.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful classic stuff here-love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velocette, I'm very glad to hear so and as always, thanks for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete